Friday, September 4, 2009

... And I said YES!

On August 22nd, 2009, I woke up on a typical Saturday morning, never suspecting that by about noon that day I would be able to call Jody my fiance...

Jody had mentioned that morning that he had this weird dream about the famous cheese fries at Huey's Restaurant and how it had made him really crave an order. I played perfectly into his subtle plan without even knowing that he was trying to get me back to the place of our first date... "OK, sure we can go to the one in Collierville, because I need to return something to Kohl's across the street". Jody didn't even eat breakfast because he claimed he was really excited about Huey's for lunch, I should have picked up on this as odd, because Jody has never skipped breakfast on a Saturday morning since I have known him, hmmm....

Anyhow, Reagan, Jody, and I (Madison was with her grandparents for the weekend)headed to Huey's for an early Saturday lunch. After eating the cheese fries "of his dreams" Jody asked Reagan at the table if he would want to go to our "secret park" (it's a great secluded park in Germantown that the 4 of us discovered & is almost always empty). Reagan hears the word "park" and "yes" is his automated answer, as he LOVES any and all activities outside:)So even Reagan, without a clue, played perfectly into Jody's plan for the day.

(Alright, I promise I am getting to the part you want to read.... I am just enjoying re-living this beautiful day in my mind...)

So about 10 minutes or so after we were at the park, I walked over to the far west side while Reagan and Jody went to the opposite side, last time I looked over, Jody was squatted down next to Reagan and looked like they were about to talk to me through the playground "telephones"....

About 30 seconds later, I turn around and Jody startled me because he was now standing right next to me. He began to talk about his love for me and "us" and at very moment it hit me... which in turn made me turn on the waterworks! haha

He then got down on one knee and asked me to become his wife, and in a moment that every woman dreams of as a little girl mine had a very special and unique difference.... my son reached out his little hand which held a small red box and said "Here Mommy!"...

1 comment:

Brandy Parker said...

Oh my goodness, that is so sweet! What a great story. Congrats again Jennifer :) Such an exciting time for the 4 of you. Look forward to reading more on your blog!